Our Journey together

This is where we are going to meet together online as a community and walk through the Bible together. We hope that you use this as a chance to grow, ask questions, and wrestle through texts that sometimes we just read past without looking into what they mean to our lives right now, today.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 39 - October 18 - Robyn Watts

Exodus 27-28

As I read the description of how the Israelites were to build the Altar as well as how they are to make the clothing for the Levites I am struck by a few things...

1.
God is in the details. If He cared enough to dictate the very best craftsmanship for a tabernacle and clothing.. how much more does He care about the tiny details of our life?


2.
God required the Israelites to give Him their best. And He would do (and had done) the same.


3.
The place where God resides within the Israelite community was to be special, set apart, holy.... the place where Christ resides now should be the same.... "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

(1 Corinthians 6:19)


Psalm 39

Nice! I think we've got this one covered! :-)


Ecclesiastes 8

"Wisdom brightens a man's face and changes its hard appearance." vs.1

This chapter reminds me judgement is not in my hands.... I will not always understand the reason behind things that happen here on Earth. But, I can trust in the One who does, who Was and Is and Always Will Be.... (breaking out into song here...)


Acts 18

It is amazing to me how Paul just never gave up. He continued to do what God asked of him, even though it seemed impossible (at least, that's what it seems to me as I only read it, not live it.). However, we do see a bit of frustration here in chapter 18. Paul is just fed up. He gets a word directly from the Lord though and is encouraged on with the task before him and Paul ends up staying a year and a half in the place where so many people hate him (of course, everywhere Paul went people hated him...). I get mixed feelings when I read about Paul. On the one hand, I get reved up, thinking... "I'm willing to do anything for you God!" (think... Peter!) On the other hand, I look at what Paul had to endure and am not so sure that's what I really want! Ultimately, like Paul... I think we need to obey whatever it is God is asking us to do at the time... He will provide what we need to accomplish it. Paul's "mission" was to spread the news of Jesus to Jews and those who weren't Jews. What's your "mission" right now? This hopefully is more clear after the past 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment